Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Today is a wonderful day.  Today, I am grateful to God for the gift motherhood.  I am grateful today for my mother.  My mother the nurse, who is sweet and gentle and kind.  She is absolutely beautiful and she is strong.  She has always been there for me to lend a listening ear or offer much needed advice.   She has a gift for helping  and taking care of people.  She has a gift of understanding others.  I am so thankful that she gave me life.  And I am so grateful that she gave me a holy example of motherhood.  I love you mom!

I am thankful to my Nan, who gave her life.  My Nan, who lived her vocation as a mother and mirrored Our Lady in her "yes" to life.  My Nan, who taught her 8 living children The Faith and who also taught me.  Thank you Nana!  I sure do miss our chats.

I am also grateful to God for my mother-in-law.  People talk about their MILs as if it were some kind of nightmare.  Not me.  I'm fairly certain I got the best one out there!  In fact, my girlfriends are jealous. Thanks Deb for all you are and all you do!

Most especially, I am thankful that God has called me to the vocation of motherhood.  I am so blessed to have little Luke and Kate.  They are beautiful gifts from Our Lord and I thank Him everyday for them.  

Our Lady, Mother of us all, Pray for us!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, sweet! I love motherhood too. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I'm glad you love it as well and feel fulfilled doing it.

    ReplyDelete