Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Goodbye Kidd Family! And Goodbye Verano!





We just said goodbye to this beautiful family and we are very bummed, to say the least. Hope and I became friends in the Fall of her first year here, six years ago. She was pregnant with Ethan at the time and I wanted to be pregnant. Being married to philosophers, we became fast friends. Our children have grown up together and been "besties" since they were born. Mark and I became the children's godparents when they came into the Church this past Easter. They really are a wonderful family and it's hard to imagine life without them so close. We will miss you dearly Kidd Family! Best wishes on your new journey!

It's also hard to imagine life without Verano. Mark and I have been here our entire married life. We have grown as a married couple here, had our children here and experienced the ups and downs of grad school life together. All seven of our married years have been here. I think I'm simply at a loss for words and have not quite processed the whole transition. I am truly grateful for this community and all the friends we have met here. I wish I could thank you all individually before we go and I will try. From sharing meals and children's birthday parties to being at at many of your children's births, our time in Verano has been incredibly blessed and rich and that is because of all of the incredibly wonderful people here. I hope each of you know how much and how deeply you touched our lives. Thank you for that!












2 comments:

  1. What a great post, Bridget! And great pictures! Now you know how I felt about leaving Pittsburgh, and about leaving grad school behind. It's hard, but also exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is cutting onions in here??? Obviously the only explanation for me tearing up...

    ReplyDelete