Thursday, July 16, 2009

The News from Lake Michigan


We've been busy over here! Ever since we left for the midwest in June it seems as though we've been run, run running. We just had a wonderful visit with Grandma and Grandpa Stan. We were so blessed by them and we are sad to see them go!

Of course, they left and I stopped one minute to look at the calendar and ... ahhhhhh! Summer's halfway over!!! Boy time flies when you're having fun, doesn't it?!

So I had this grand idea that I was going to do some lesson planning this Summer for the whole liturgical year. You may think this sounds ambitious, but it's really just because if I don't plan, I won't do anything. I can't tell you the countless times where some high holy day came and went virtually unnoticed this past year. We didn't even dye Easter Eggs!!! I know! The horror! So, you see this is really only out of necessity. Yes, I need to sit down and plan some activities to make the liturgical calendar come alive to a 2 1/2 year old.... And I need your help! Any suggestions? What kinds of things do you do with your kids to make the faith come alive for them? I would LOVE to hear your ideas!

In other GLORIOUS news, guess who else is getting married??!!!!


Congratulations Katie and Parker - we are so happy for you! May God grant you many, many year together!



3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I have no brilliant ideas for faith and kids. I get most of my inspiration and ideas from you. So, if you go dry, what will I do??
    Summer's really halfway over? That's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We set aside a night each week, it is typically Mon., but those HA meetings caused us to change it, and we have family home evening. There is typically a faith-centered lesson, sometype of family activity and treats if I'm being really good. But, with a weekly lesson plus activity, it is so easy to include each special day and teach our children the true meanings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Hope. Let me know if you come up with anything brilliant!

    And don't feel bad about planning--it's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete