Monday, September 27, 2010

St. Therese Novena

Five days ago I started praying this Novena for two special intentions. Before she died, St. Therese said, "My mission - to make God loved - will begin after my death, I will spend my heaven doing good on earth. I will let fall a shower of roses." I've heard from others who have prayed this novena that they received a rose during or at the end of the Novena as a sign . I thought that I would receive something (even in the form of a drawing or a card), but I thought it would maybe be towards the end of the Novena or on her Feast Day, which is October 1st. Well, since I've been praying it, I have received roses twice! She is a beautiful saint in her "little way" and I look forward to celebrating her feast day with my kids on October 1st (not sure what we're going to do yet, maybe make roses and give them to others). If you would like to learn more about St. Therese, you can read about her here.

1 comment:

  1. That's such a powerful Novena! I remember doing it in high school and just as I was complaining to someone about how St. Therese did not send me a rose (I was looking through a magazine at the time) I turned the page and there was an advertisement with a page full of roses! Such a cool idea for your kids to make roses and give them to others! When I have kids, I'm definitely calling you for ideas like that!

    ReplyDelete