Thursday, April 19, 2012

4 Months & A Trip to Alabama!



Jack was four months yesterday.  He's getting so big!  As I type this he is wearing a 12 month outfit.  He rolls and babbles, giggles and reaches for things - he has an amazing grasp too!  Just this week, he started getting a little shy.  He will often grin up at me and hide his head in my chest when I smile back.  SO Sweet!





He was baptized on Easter Vigil.  Ah, the Easter Vigil, how I love thee!  I love how the fire, candles, incense, darkness & light really help us to worship with our entire being.  This ancient symbolism incorporated into the divine liturgy is simply beautiful!  I really recommend the Vigil to all, Catholic and protestant, alike.

This was really special because it is also the day that Hope came into the Church!  And I had the amazing honor of being her sponsor!  Brianna recently wrote that converts give us such hope and remind us that Christ's Church is worth choosing.  With all of the excitement of Baby Jack's baptism and Hope's confirmation and first Eucharist and with the beauty of the Vigil (did I mention I LOVE the Easter Vigil?!), it was hard not to be downright giddy with excitement, even if it all was a bit nuts!  (I'm not sure Chad and Mark had quite the same experience of the Vigil, sitting in the cry room with six children ages 6 and under).  We arrived at Church at 7:30pm and did not get home until after midnight!  It truly was a beautiful night!

Our journey to Alabama was a ton of fun too!  It was so wonderful to see the Kidd family and spend some time with them!  It was just like old times.  Well, without Verano and all the awesome people there.  Boy, do I miss that place!  I think I will forever miss it.  The trip also reaffirmed how much we love road tripping as a family.  Just a few more weeks and we'll be on the road again!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful. What a special day to be able to share with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So FUN!!!! I wouldn't quite describe you as giddy with excitement over the vigil, but yes, you were excited. :)
    A special day indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did feel giddy, after Mark was done yelling at me for taking "so many" pictures and after I had to run out of mass to go to the bathroom to pull down my dress in order to nurse Jack. I came back and...giddiness! really! :)

    ReplyDelete